School to School Support
We are committed to supporting other schools and are flexible in our approach to ensure that we are able to support and meet each school's individual requirements.
Next term we are offering the following training for schools:
Session 1: 29th September 2021 4:00-5:00pm Creating a Communication Friendly Environment
- Learn about basic communication strategies and how to adapt adult interaction to support learners with Speech, Language and Communication needs.
- Understand the importance and impact of using visuals.
- Learn about adapting adult language as a behaviour strategy.
Session 2: 6th October 2021 4:00-5:00pm Helping Children to Hang on to your Every Word
- Think about how to make the classroom experience more accessible to all learners.
- Highlight the links between behaviour and hidden language processing difficulties.
- Find strategies for improving attention and listening.
- Better understand factors that contribute to levels of attention we give to specific tasks.
Session 3: 13th October 2021 4:00-5:00pm Introduction to Word Aware
- Understand why vocabulary is important.
- Learn about The STAR (Select, Teach, Activate, Review) approach to teaching vocabulary and how to implement it.
- Learn about how Word Aware approaches can be used at universal, targeted and specialist level.
- Learn about one of the key principles of Word Aware - ‘Fun with words’ and how to make vocabulary learning more engaging.
Training will be virtual and limited to 12 people.
You must attend all three sessions.
After October Half Term 2020 are specialist staff will be able to screen and diagnose ASD. We will upload more information about this nearer the time.